RARA-AVIS: Re: Point Blank vs. The Hunter vs. Payback

From: Mark Finn ( markfinn@texas.net)
Date: 24 Jul 2007

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, DJ-Anonyme@... wrote:

> They were, once. In the early '90s, I think. Maybe by Avon? All of
> them, The Hunter (I think it returned to that title, don't feel like
> pulling out the box to look) through Butcher's Moon. The last few,
> though, did not seem to get nearly the distribution some of the earlier
> ones got. And if I recall correctly, two of the shorter later novels
> were under one cover (Slayground and Plunder Squad?) before the longer
> than most Parkers Butcher's Moon.

You're right, of course, Avon did the series up to the present
(Butcher's Moon) with what looks like Fred Ward on all of the photo covers. However, they published a couple out of order, and then there's that stupid two-in-one that isn't even chronological in nature. Frustrating.

No, what I really want is for Mysterious to finish the matchbook covers, and put the grofields in where they go, maybe with white spines instead of black, and give me one nice, neat pretty set. I'm not sure that's asking for too much.

God, I love Butcher's Moon. It's the payoff for the whole series. I'm re-reading it now as my palette cleanser from Harry Potter. Whoo! Viva Parker!

Mark