Re: RARA-AVIS: David Goodis and jazz influence

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 22 Jul 2007

mrt wrote:

"I don't know that he ever did a soundtrack, but the idea is interesting. Maybe one of the younger directors, or perhaps Scorsese, will use Mingus in a future movie."

Mingus was used (just slightly, one track on the soundtrack, maybe another one or two more in the movie) in Last Time I Commited Suicide, based on a story by Neal Cassady. Not very good, but not quite as bad as you would expect with Keanu Reeves as the Kerouac character (pretty small role). Great soundtrack, though.

Mark