Re: RARA-AVIS: David Goodis and jazz influence

From: Jeff Vorzimmer ( jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 21 Jul 2007

Speaking about jazz, hardboiled crime fiction and film noir, I thought I'd add that I think the best soundtrack of any film noir has to be Ascenseur pour L'ť£®afaud (1958). The French really got the style and angst down in their revival of the genre in the late 50s. Having Miles Davis score the film was brilliant and I think it stands as one of his great works of that decade. Interestingly enough it's been on CD now for almost 20 years and still in print I believe. If someone on list can think of a better soundtrack, I for one would like to know about it.

Jeff