Re: RARA-AVIS: The influence of Hard Case Crime

From: Brian Thornton ( tieresias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 20 Jul 2007

There's also the fact that HCC is publishing great new content (in addition to some terrific reissues), like Guthrie's KISS HER GOODBYE, which garnered an Edgar nomination, and Stansberry's CONFESSION. Speaking of Guthrie, he just won the Theakston's Old Peculiar prize at the Harrogate Crime Fiction conference. My source (Donna Moore) says it was for TWO-WAY SPLIT, but she was inebriated when she told me.

Anyway, good on Charles Ardai for having the good sense to publish a guy like Al. Because sometimes you *can't* judge a book by its (admittedly cool, eye-catching retro) cover!

All the Best-

Brian