Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Real Cool Killers

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 19 Jul 2007

Richard wrote:

"And the cover was a bondage illustration of a half-nude Velda hanging by ropes from above."

I've got that cover. It's still pretty trashy looking, must have really been something then.

"I bought this in the same little drug store and about the same age of 14 in the segregated Georgia town where I bought the Chester Himes' ALL SHOT UP mentioned in the last post."

I'm just wondering how a book by Himes ended up on that book rack in a little white drug store in a segregated Georgia town. Weren't there black people on the cover?

Mark