RARA-AVIS: Re: Real Cool Killers

From: Richard Moore ( moorich@aol.com)
Date: 19 Jul 2007

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Ed Lynskey <e_lynskey@...> wrote:

> --- Richard Moore <moorich@...> wrote:
> > The guy next to me on the panel (who is on this list) disagree
> > with my verdict that it was cumbersome. He nudged me and
> > said, "I don't think it too bulky" and leaned forward so I
> > could see that he was packing a .45 under his arm. Guess
> > he was right, it wasn't too obvious.
> >
> Great story, Richard. Now I'll keep wondering just who was
> packing.
>
> Ed

I won't say (although my fellow panelist may speak out himself) but as far as I know it was completely legal. My fellow panelist carried a badge in another jurisdiction and with varying requirements for advance notice, one locality will often honor a fellow officer's right to carry a concealed weapon.

It was a definite surprise but also a definite hoot to look past his flared lapel (out of sight of the audience staring at us) and see the butt of a .45. At that moment, when he muttered to me that a concealed .45 wasn't that obvious, I had to agree.

Richard Moore