Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Real Cool Killers

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 18 Jul 2007

Mark wrote:

As I recall, you have Sallis's Deliberate Lives, which covers Himes as one of its authors. I liked that analysis, keep meaning to get his full length book on Himes.

************* Oh, yeah! I forgot about that one. Difficult Lives, I think. Great book. I took the time to write a review of it. If I recall correctly, it was about Himes, Goodis, and Thompson. The thing that confused me at the time was that Sallis declared Himes writing with a subtext of both fatalism and social reform. At the time, I found those two mutually exclusive.

miker

____________________________________________________________________________________ Need a vacation? Get great deals to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel. http://travel.yahoo.com/