Re: RARA-AVIS: Kem Nunn from Cincinnati

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 18 Jul 2007

> I believe I heard George Pelecanos last year say at a reading he
> was either a producer or director on The Wire, too.

there are a zillion producers on staff on television shows. most are writers with tenure and a title. not that they don't do any actual producing. in tv, as opposed to film, the writers are there from beginning to end. directors are hired guns who come in to do their episodes. the writer of a specific episode usually is on set during production of that episode to ensure creative consistency from episode to episode

John Lau