RARA-AVIS: Re: Real Cool Killers

From: Richard Moore ( moorich@aol.com)
Date: 17 Jul 2007

I think this is a good example of something that happens with some regularly on the list. Miker has read the first three Spillane Hammer novels and one in the Chester Himes' series and made comparisons. Fair enough, as he stated what he was comparing. Others disagreeing seem to be doing so from a broader comparison of Spillane and Himes. Spillane's commie/mafia focus may be valid but not when limited to an examination of the first three novels.

I was tempted to disagree with Miker but realized both his and Channing's opinions may be valid in their separate contexts.

Richard Moore

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Michael Robison