Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Noir definition from movies

From: jean-pierre jacquet ( jacquet@optonline.net)
Date: 17 Jul 2007

Speaking of classic Melville noir movies, this is the last 3 days of
"Le doulos" being shown at the Film Forum in NYC. Starring Jean-Paul Belmondo. As per the NY Times, "Jean-Pierre Melvilles's brutal and subtly brilliant policier... underscores why the French put the name to film noir". jean-pierre jacquet http://www.jeanpierrejacquet.com