RARA-AVIS: Call for Article Submission - The Back Alley Webzine

From: Racerick75@aol.com
Date: 17 Jul 2007

The first issue of The Back Alley is out, and response has been tremendous. Over the first four days, we've had over 3000 hits, and counting.

I had planned to include a historical/analytical piece in the first issue, but the author did not return his contract, so it had to be deleted. I am looking for a piece for the second issue. The subject can be virtually anything hardboiled/PI/noir related - history, sociology, roots, role of women, etc.

The money isn't tremendous. Just $25, but the article will be archived and available for students to access and quote in term papers, theses, dissertations and such.

Guidelines are pretty open. I'd like to keep it under 10,000 words. Citations should be included for a bibliography if you quote or refer to works not your own. Otherwise, let your knowledge flow.

The breadth of knowledge of the field on this list is incredible, so it seemed the natural first place to seek contris.

Many thanks!

Richard Helms Three-Time Shamus Award Nominee Editor, The Back Alley Webzine?? www.backalleywebzine.com

________________________________________________________________________ AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.