RARA-AVIS: Re: Noir definition from movies

From: Jacques Debierue ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 17 Jul 2007

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "sethharwoodpodcast" <seth@...> wrote:
<<Why's it called Le Samourai? Dunno. But there're no swords here. And the reference/analogy is well placed.>>

I don't know, but speaking of cool French noir movies, a couple of years ago I saw a great one, I forget the title but Johnny Halliday and Jean Rochefort were the protagonists. Does anyone remember the title. It's about a guy who arrives in a small town and is taken in by an older guy who lives alone. A perfectly cold dish, perfectly scripted, directed and acted.

Best,

MrT