Re: RARA-AVIS: Re:Books to Films

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 12 Jul 2007

John wrote:

"Don Johnson is at his best as a performer when utilizing his charisma in the service of playing shitheels"

Exactly. An ex-girlfriend of mine claimed to hate Don Johnson. I told her that in the right role that played up the very traits that annoyed her most, he could be very good. The Hot Spot is a prime example of this
(and maybe A Boy and his Dog). And I'd put that movie's appeal more on the story and Johnson than on Hopper, whose directing I've always found kind of stiff. And the brilliant soundtrack, of course.

Mark