Re: RARA-AVIS: Digest Number 1548

From: Jacques Debierue ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 07 Jul 2007

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Jack Bludis <buildsnburns@...> wrote:
<<The settlement, as Jim calls it, was that we just got tired of discussing it.>>

My settlement is that I've forgotten what I said which time to whom when and where and why and what for. It's no wonder I gave it up. I now use the eyeball method and the sniffing method for detecting non-noir. Also, I don't care much if it's noir or not as long as the novel works and interests me. If the noir definitional problem is too hard, we could always ask an easy question such as: what is science fiction? I feel a dog biting my ankle, no, ten dogs... I'm outta here.

Best,

MrT