RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: Choir boys

From: Brandt Dodson ( bldodson@adelphia.net)
Date: 05 Jul 2007

I agree, Jim. Wambaugh has set the tone for a lot of the procedurals that came after him. Showing the affects of the job on the cop has made his story ring true for a lot of his readers who might otherwise be put off by the pure procedural aspects of the job.

"Police Procedurals" has always intrigued me. We don't write/read any other genre that feels obligated to have "procedural" in its name. I think that's part of the reason Wambaugh chose to be different. I believe he succeeded.

Brandt

www.brandtdodson.com <http://www.brandtdodson.com/>

  _____

If you want accurate depictions of police procedure, well, Wambaugh delivers on that, but he usually doesn't dwell on it.