RARA-AVIS: ...as though cameras hadn't been invented

From: Jacques Debierue ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 04 Jul 2007

In an interview, K.C. Constantine says:

I used to ponder why so many writers continued to write as though cameras had not been invented. I quit trying long ago to compete with them. My stories are more and more becoming radio plays: I write the dialogue and let the audience fill in whatever images they choose. Is that a copout? Probably. Do I care? No.

[I think this has something to do with current discussions about overt descriptions of violence, torture, Tarantino, etc.]

The full interview is here: http://www.badattitudes.com/KCCintvw.html and I think it might be interesting to raravians.

Best,

MrT