RARA-AVIS: Re: Neo-nah...

From: Stephen D. Rogers ( cc_sdr633@yahoo.com)
Date: 03 Jul 2007

One benefit to being a writer as well as a reader is that when a topic such as this comes up, I'm given an opportunity to respond in a definitive way.

It just so happens that I was beginning a piece of noir-ish crime fiction when I read Kevin's post. The story, as it was, would have worked, would probably have been published, and would then have pleased some readers and not others.

But then Kevin posted. And in a flash I saw the story lacked adequate character arc and rethought the piece to emphasize the tragic flaw/fall.

The new story will work, will probably be published, and will then please some readers and not others.

But it will be a much better story.

Thanks Kevin.

Stephen http://www.stephendrogers.com

____________________________________________________________________________________ Need a vacation? Get great deals to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel. http://travel.yahoo.com/