Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Books to Films

From: Stephen Burridge ( stephen.burridge@gmail.com)
Date: 01 Jul 2007

Sure, it's a matter of taste.

I agree that the relation of the Hitchcock movie to the Buchan book is different from the relation of the Altman movie to the Chandler book. Still, I think you are way too hard on Altman. And I think my preference for Buchan's book based on my affection for it is similar enough to your arguments about "The Long Goodbye" to justify the mention.

Stephen Burridge