Re: RARA-AVIS: Neo-nah...

From: vhend1234@aol.com
Date: 30 Jun 2007

  In a message dated 6/29/2007 10:33:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net writes:

In that light, Vicki, has accepting an initially imposed from without classification for your own work affected the way you write? Do you now conceive within the frame of "crime writing"?

Mark

I think about what I'm doing more, but it doesn't change anything. "Noir," or whatever it is, just naturally boils out of me. I thought I would go in a different direction when I was writing Cruel Poetry, but then I couldn't fight it. When I first heard the word applied, I was thrilled, but over the years I keep hearing editors and publishers say that noir doesn't sell. I've gotten this rejection many times without the person even seeing my manuscript, so it has mainly worked against me. Vicki