RE: RARA-AVIS: Neo-Nah

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 29 Jun 2007

miker wrote:

"It is to McCarthy's distinguished credit that he is able to transcend the extreme violence he portrays."

I haven't read Blood Meridian yet (started it once, but didn't get too far, keep meaning to get back to it). But what marks the difference between it and Last Exit and Junkie (isn't that the Burroughs you read) or Naked Lunch? I'm not being sarcastic. I really am curious. It's an interesting question I've often mused on. It's clearly not the violent content alone, but its context.

Mark