RARA-AVIS: The Third Man

From: Anders Engwall ( anders.engwall@comhem.se)
Date: 29 Jun 2007

Well, I checked that preface again and Greene says that Welles really wrote it into the script. But who knows?

Speaking of adaptions, I'm now taking a break in the middle of Hitchcock's
"Suspicion". So far it is a stupid, stiff, boring melodrama, and I am very tempted to give it up. Not noir, and about as hardboiled as "Jeeves & Wooster". And I absolutely hated the novel ("Before the Fact" by Francis Iles).

From: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com [mailto: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of William Ahearn Sent: den 29 juni 2007 20:17 To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Subject: RE: RARA-AVIS: Schulberg

--- Anders Engwall < anders.engwall@comhem.se
<mailto:anders.engwall%40comhem.se> > wrote:

> Oh, and the dialogue about Swiss cuckoo clocks was
> provided by Orson Welles
> himself.

He may have provided it but there's some question about whether he wrote it. Honestly, I don't have the nitty gritty down and dirt on it but some have sourced it to a play. If I get more on this, I'll let you know. There's every possibility that it isn't true.