Re: RARA-AVIS: Re:Books to Films

From: Jeff Vorzimmer ( jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 29 Jun 2007

>I enthusiastically second The Woman Chaser. How I wish that would be
> released on DVD...my VHS is getting worn out!

I as well. It was a very faithful adaptation of the book. The only problem I had with it was with the digital conversion to black and white. Apparently they shot the movie in color and then digitally converted it so the quality suffers as a result. I don't know if there is a decent way to convert color to black and white yet. It would have been great if the thing had been shot on the same kind of Kodak stock they used back in the 40s and 50s. I know that some directors have done that.

Jeff