RARA-AVIS: Re: Frank Miller (was Trouble Is My Business & Total Chaos)

From: caroli1975 ( karabair@gmail.com)
Date: 25 Jun 2007

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Charlie Williams" <cs_will@...> wrote:

> --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "caroli1975" <karabair@> wrote:
> >
> > Hmm, I walked out of "Sin City," but on the other hand, Miller
did the
> > "Daredevil" Origin story that I'm quite fond of. If that's the
Miller
> > who shows up, he might do good things with Chandler. I can at
least
> > see the connection.
>
> Why did you walk out? I didn't think it was great either but my
problem
> was with the mixing up of three separate stories, which just
destroyed
> the narrative drive.

I'm not sure I even lasted long enough to see the intertwining of the stories. I'm usually fairly hardcore with what I'll watch or read, and I just thought Sin City was over the top in terms of violence and torture-porn, without offering me enough story to care about.
*shrugs* It's not a judgment on the movie so much as a purely personal impression. I might just have been having a bad day.

-C