RARA-AVIS: Trouble Is My Business & Total Chaos

From: Vince Keenan ( vpkeenan@hotmail.com)
Date: 20 Jun 2007

It was announced a while back that Clive Owen would produce and star as Philip Marlowe in a new series of Raymond Chandler adaptations. The first project has been announced. It will be based on the novella TROUBLE IS MY BUSINESS. Perhaps more interesting is the choice of writer: Frank Miller, who worked with Owen on SIN CITY. Let the arguments commence.http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117967247.htmlIzzo's TOTAL CHAOS is a brilliant book. Dark, brooding, with a magnificent sense of place. I'd learned from a few European members of the list that the follow-ups were not as well-regarded, but I thought the second installment in the Marseilles Trilogy, CHOURMO, was still very good. The finale SOLEA is out from Europa Editions this month, and I can't wait to get into it.Vince Keenanwww.vincekeenan.comPop culture, high and low, past and present.One day at a time.
_________________________________________________________________ Play free games, earn tickets, get cool prizes! Join Live Search Club.  http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=CLUB_wlmailtextlink