RARA-AVIS: Some John D. MacDonald Titles

From: Nathan Cain ( IndieCrime@gmail.com)
Date: 15 Jun 2007

I just returned from my local used book store where someone had dumped off a huge number of John D. MacDonald paperbacks, most of them non McGee novels. There were even a couple of Sci-fi ones.
 I picked up six books, including some I had never heard of before, including April Evil, The Crossroads and The Last One Left (which the author dedicated to Travis McGee). Anyone on the list read any of these? Are they any good?