RARA-AVIS: recent finds

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 07 Jun 2007

Found some good ones today (most by writers whose names I learned here):

The Big Guy by Wade Miller, "The Hemingway of Suspense," as the cover proclaims him/them -- grabbed this without really looking at it, as I would any Wade Miller I don't have; when I got home, I was thrilled to find it was not only a Gold Medal first edition, but actually signed by Bob Wade (printed underneath the signature was DBA Wade Miller -- anyone have any idea what DBA means?)

The Men from the Boys by Ed Lacy Hardman #9: The One-Dollar Rip-Off by Ralph Dennis The Taming of Carney Wilde by Bart Spicer Cases by Joe Gores (the only novel of his I haven't read except for his new one) For Murder I Charge More by Frank McAuliffe (have the first two Augustus Mandrell collections, been looking for this one) The Thrill Kids by Vin Packer ("A Real Shocker" according to Richard S. Prather)

I'm a very happy camper right now.

Mark