Re: RARA-AVIS: Lemons Never Lie by Richard Stark

From: Nathan Cain ( IndieCrime@gmail.com)
Date: 29 May 2007

Speaking of Westlake, I just finished his novel Trust Me On This, which is about tabloid journalism. There's a murder mystery in it, but it's one of his comedic efforts, and the mystery is secondary. It's really a tabloid picaresque. I had never read one of Westlake's funny novels before. It was just as good as his noir stuff and his hard boiled Stark efforts. I don't think Trust Me On This is still in print, but it's worth finding and reading if you're looking for a change of pace.