Re: RARA-AVIS: Back Alley opening digital webzine

From: Sandra Ruttan ( sandra.ruttan@spinetinglermag.com)
Date: 23 May 2007

Richard,

If you would like to be added to the list of contributors for Crime Zine Report http://crimezine.blogspot.com/ so that you can spread the word there (and indirectly through Crimespace where Crime Zine Report has a feed, and Crimespot) please feel free to email me. You only need to have a Blogger 2 account.

I would also be happy to run this for you in the next Spinetingler if you think that would be helpful.

Cheers,

Sandra Ruttan

--
Spinetingler Editor/Submission Director
http://www.spinetinglermag.com/

Author of Suspicious Circumstances http://www.sandraruttan.com/

On 5/23/07 6:18 PM, "Racerick75@aol.com" <Racerick75@aol.com> wrote: > > The fiction guidelines are pretty simple. Hardboiled and noir, PI's > welcome, up to > 10,000 words. We'll definitely consider longer, up to novella length > (22k or > less), but we'd like to keep it under 10k. We allow graphic violence, > language, and all sorts of political incorrectness. Sex is fine, as > long as it > moves the plot along and is well-written. Nothing set more than ten > years > in the future, or more than a hundred years in the past. You get bonus > points for including technology that clearly sets the story in the 21st > century, while maintaining the classic PI ethos. > > As for brass tacks, as I said, we're paying $15-$20 a story at this time > - first periodical rights only, with the story being archived, but you get the > right to submit the story for reprint rights elsewhere six months after > publication. The site is largely designed and ready to upload, and we intend > to > publish the first issue by the end of summer. We will offer a contract to > selected stories, and pay on acceptance. > > I really hope some of my fellow Rara-Avis members will be interested in being > a part of this new publication. With > so many of the PI/hardboiled/noir webzines shutting down or closing to > submissions, I hope to be able to populate a couple of issues relatively > quickly > this year - at least in time to do some submissions to the major awards. If > you > have a story lying around that you haven't sold, or even if it needs a little > polishing, please send it along. The nice thing about this venture is that we > can toss the whole thing up onto the web in an hour or less, and it will be > immediately available for everyone to read, so we don't need a lot of lead > time compared with print magazines. > > All submissions can be sent as email attachments. DonĀ¹t > worry too much about formatting, but you would make my job easier by saving > your story as an .rtf document. Just attach it to a nice email query telling > me who you are, and send it to BarHallCom@aol.com > <mailto:BarHallCom%40aol.com> > > I look forward to reading any and all submissions. > > > Take care- > R > > > Richard Helms > Three-Time Shamus Award Nominee > http://richardhelms.net