Re: RARA-AVIS: Rendezvous in Black

From: Jeff Vorzimmer ( jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 20 May 2007

> I am already a fan of Woolrich's style and I'm actively seeking out
> more of his work, though it is not easy to find many copies of his
> work. Even in the library circles, many of his novels tend to be at
> least 10 years or more out of print.
> Thanks again for your previous suggestions, I will be getting around to
> ALL of them as soon as I can!

Much of Woolrich's stuff was reprinted by Ballantine in mass market-size paperbacks in the 80s and these copies have been, at least in the fairly recent past, easy to find. They have distinctive black covers with Woolrich's name in red neon. For years, I picked 'em up in used bookstores for a dollar apiece.

My favorites of Woolrich's are Phantom Lady, The Black Curtain and I Married a Dead Man.

Jeff