Re: RARA-AVIS: Godard and French noir

From: E. Borgers ( webeurop@yahoo.fr)
Date: 20 May 2007

Being a long term film fan, and also a noir film lover, I of course know Jean-Pierre Melleville, and saw all his films, even the "non mystrery" types, one of them being a film adaptation of a theatrical piece by Cocteau, for instance...
  He is a classic, and one of the bests in film noir. A top film maker having had a tremendous influence on younger directors, and not only in France.

  Quite some years ago a made a short presentation of film noir and HB movies, with a broad look at the international side of film noir.
  If interested you will find it at the following Web page:
  http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384/filmnoir.html
  It gives you access to the several parts of the presentation.

  E.Borgers
  POLAR NOIR
  http://www;geocities.com/polarnoir

William Ahearn < williamahearn@yahoo.com> a 飲it :
           You know something? I think he's more Godard than noir and that's why I like him so much. Yes, I saw Pierrot and loved it and it was almost a homage to Pierre Melville. Have you seen his films? Le Samurai, Un Flic, Bob the Gambler? Guy rocks. He was the author that Jean Seberg interviews at the airport in
"Breathless."

William

Essays and Ramblings
<http://www.williamahearn.com>