Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Are unpublished novels best left unpublished? YES!

From: Kerry J. Schooley ( gsp.schoo@murderoutthere.com)
Date: 17 May 2007

At 11:25 AM 17/05/2007, Joy Matkowski wrote:

>That's the part that bothers me---reading a published book that I paid for
>that turns out to be less accomplished than that manuscript I tossed in a
>drawer in 1983.
>Lists like this one have steered me toward less flamboyantly PRed books,
>like Con's, and away from those that wind up thrown against walls, and I am
>grateful.

Sure, but as a writer I'm pleased I've now the option to appeal publishers' decisions directly through POD, even if it means I discover I fit in a very tiny niche of an increasingly fractured marketplace. As a reader I'm glad I do not necessarily have to accept the opinions of just a very few people (editors and critics) as to what I might find worthy. There's value in choice, though it may not come cheaply.

Best, Kerry

------------------------------------------------------ Literary events Calendar (South Ont.) http://www.lit-electric.com The evil men do lives after them http://www.murderoutthere.com