Re: RARA-AVIS: Grindhouse, anybody?

From: Nathan Cain ( IndieCrime@gmail.com)
Date: 13 May 2007

I finally broke down and saw Grindhouse a while back. I liked Rodriguez's entry. It had some truly inspired background bits, like a cereal named
"Great White Bites," and a lounge version of the Dead Kennedy's "Too Drunk to Fuck," on the radio during an attempted rape scene. Tarantino did a great thing casting Kurt Russell in his half, but wasted him. Russell has been in a couple of B Movie classics (Escape from New York and Big Trouble in Little China). It's too bad that 3/4 of "Death Proof" was dialogue and shots of women's feet. Tarantino hit his peak with Jackie Brown. I think a lot of that had to do with the source material. Elmore Leonard's books make better movies than they do books.