RARA-AVIS: Wessel; Detour; Leon

From: Juri Nummelin ( juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi)
Date: 09 May 2007

I also had to drop one of Wessel's books. It was a small wonder that a Finnish publisher did at least two of his books. I once googled Wessel and found that there had been no discussion about him on Rara-Avis! (The stupid Finnish publisher may have decided after having Wessel's bad work in their hands that there's no market for American hardboiled crime in Finland. Too bad.)

***

The fans of DETOUR should remember that Martin Goldsmith's original novel is available in trade paperback.

***

I liked LEON and thought it was Besson's best film (which probably doesn't mean much). I don't know if it's noir, though.

Juri