Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Leon . . .

From: William Ahearn ( williamahearn@yahoo.com)
Date: 08 May 2007

--- Steve Novak < Cinefrog@comcast.net> wrote:

> L鯮/The Professional: not in a lifetime would I
> ever call this rather
> plodding and over-the-top neo/post/pseudo/modern
> flick a ³noir² film...

Pardon, but . . . if the definition of classic noir is a man of questionable morality is brought to his demise by the actions and his attraction to an amoral woman, then it does. I wasn't suggesting for a minute that it was brillant, just fun. Just so you know, I liked "Lola" a lot and thought "Zoe" pretty much sucked. I was wasn't being entirely serious -- because I agree with much of your post -- and I'll make that clearer in future posts.

William

Essays and Ramblings
<http://www.williamahearn.com>