Re: DETOUR (was: RARA-AVIS: Gun Crazy)

From: William Ahearn ( williamahearn@yahoo.com)
Date: 07 May 2007

--- AP McQuiddy < damncrazygringo@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Yup, I've heard that before, William --- and can
> certainly see how DETOUR must be considered *among*
> the first, if not THE first Noir.

The only other contender that I know of is called
"Stranger on the Third Floor" and stars Peter Lorre, a film I've never seen and know little about. IMDB page is here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0033107/

Another cool flick by Ulmer is The Strange Woman with Hedy Lamarr. Dark and not an upbeat drama. Worth checking out.

That's cool meeting Ann Savage. Any chance you've seen any of the Cornell Woolrich flicks like Phantom Lady or The Night Has A 1000 Eyes"?

William

Essays and Ramblings
<http://www.williamahearn.com>