RARA-AVIS: Re: Gil Brewer reviewed

From: Richard Moore ( moorich@aol.com)
Date: 07 May 2007

The review says the novel "...is not much of a novel by today's standards, but it's a wonderful time capsule." Anderson spends a fair amount of time on the time capsule aspect--the sexually repressed 1950s when boys scanned paperbacks for "the good parts." I don't read enough of modern bestseller thrillers to know if he is correct when he says that "sex has begun to fade as a major element in popular fiction."

Richard Moore

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, DJ-Anonyme@... wrote:

> Don't have the link at hand (since I'm right now reading it in the
> paper), but Patrick Anderson reviews the Hardcase Crime reprint of
Gil