RARA-AVIS: Re: Black Wings

From: uplandharmabooks ( uplandharmabooks@yahoo.com)
Date: 01 May 2007

Hi Charles-

Although Blackmask.com has issued an edition, it's not a very well done one at all. I finally broke down and bought it because I wanted very much to read it and that edition was my only viable option. The typos are so bad in it that at times I couldn't even decipher what the word was supposed to be. Also the layout of the text was quite poor. I think that the only reason the Blackmask.com edition sells at all is because the only other option is the expensive original vintage paperback. If Hardcase were to print an edition I'd buy that one in a heartbeat!

As for the cover...hopefully a good painter in the vein of the vintage paperback cover art will be doing the poster for the movie. That way you could have the good cover art to go along with a good edition! You're right about movie tie-in covers usually being pretty bad, but I take encouragement from the "Pulp Fiction" movie poster, which was used for the book of the screenplay and makes a great cover.

Amy peace