Re: RARA-AVIS: David Markson

From: Jeff Vorzimmer ( jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 28 Apr 2007

I was going to pick this up too when I saw it on my "recommended" list on Amazon.com. These books have been discussed with enthusiasm on the list in past years.

There are some other notable reprints, both recent and upcoming by some smaller presses such as Millipede which include Falling Angel by William Hjortsberg, Nightfall and Street of No Return by David Goodis, The Deadly Percheron by John Franklin Bardin and The Auctioneer by Joan Samson, the last of which I've never read but have been curious about. Pegasus has recently reissued Cornell Woolrich's The Night Has a Thousand Eyes and Manhattan Love Song and, later this year, The Black Angel, which I read just recently and liked quite a bit.

Jeff