RARA-AVIS: Re: Boook Sleuths

From: Karin Montin ( kmontin@sympatico.ca)
Date: 28 Apr 2007

I came across this kind of dry article on librarians in fiction, with some discussion of detective fiction:

http://valinor.ca/el3.htm

The home page is Cool Librarians, http://valinor.ca/waycool.html. There are write-ups on a variety of fictional librarians: one who's a werewolf, one who's involved with a hardboiled detective, etc.

Also, I hadn't really classified him as a collector, but Jack Taylor in Ken Bruen's series is. I just read The Magdalen Martyrs, in which Jack's books are destroyed and he starts his personal library over. His adventures do not involve chasing books, far from it, but he is constantly referring to books and authors, quoting big chunks or one-liners. Definitely noir and hardboiled, IMHO.

Karin