Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: NY Times article on Altman's Long Goodbye

From: Patrick King ( abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 16 Apr 2007

Brian Thornton wrote:
"I respect the assertions of the others on this list that it's an "important" film, and so on, and so forth. It's not the first "important" film that I don't either care for or get, and I'm also sure that it won't be the last." Sure it's an important film: it show how a self-important director can completely screw up a great story by having no respect for its author. If only film makers would learn from this mistake and stop repeating it.

Patrick King