RARA-AVIS: Re: NY Times article on Altman's Long Goodbye

From: JIM DOHERTY ( jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 16 Apr 2007

Brian,

Re your comments below:

"We all know Jim's capacity for tenacity and his spirited defenses of his opinions past the point of most peoples' endurance."

In my own defense, I never start the arguments. I only respond to them. If Dave had simply posted the link without comment, I wouldn't have said anything. But since he endorsed the article's main point, I felt compelled to respond.

"If only personal tastes were dictated by the willingness to defend your positions, Jim, *you* would be the final arbiter of taste."

Would be? What makes you think I'm NOT the final arbiter of taste?

JIM DOHERTY