RARA-AVIS: looking for a book

From: Victoria Two ( msvictoriatwo@yahoo.com)
Date: 14 Apr 2007

I just finished J is for Judgment by Sue Grafton. Both the setting (Santa Teresa - Santa Barbara) and the structure (going from one informant to another picking up bits of information) is strongly reminiscent of Ross Macdonald's Lew Archer series. This book even threw in the lost family theme.

  However, my problem is that the ending reminded me of some book I read a long time back and now cannot remember the author or title.

  SPOILER

  A woman diving into the ocean to swim to her death is very similar to another mystery by someone other than Grafton.

  I would appreciate any thoughts on this since it is bugging me bad,
  Victoria

--------------------------------- Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?
 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.