Re: RARA-AVIS: Joel Townsley Rogers

From: Jeff Vorzimmer ( jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 14 Apr 2007

> Hi. Has anyone read much of,Mr.Rogers? Are there any short
> story,collections? Thanks. ----- Jeff

Let me take the opportunity to welcome you to the list. You'll find that most everybody on the list has probably read The Red Right Hand. I personally haven't read anything beyond that, but that novel would rank somewhere in the top 100 American crime novels of the 20th century. If you like Rogers, you might also enjoy Fredric Brown and John Franklin Bardin, who were very similar, yet better writers, in my opinion.

Jeff