Re: RARA-AVIS: Canadian Noir

From: Willow Arune ( pangarun@telus.net)
Date: 14 Apr 2007

Kelowna is now favoured as a retirement city, due to the normally mild weather. It is the fastest growing population in Canada and walled and gated communities abound. Old orchards are being ploughed up for new residential areas. The lake, many golf courses, winter skiing and sports, and more make it a nice place to be, but prices are now equal to Vancouver.

I will be in Kelowna next week (I go there every second month or so). The new airport calls itself "international" and what was right wing is now liberal.

B.C. politics noir? Well, we do have some interesting ones. Kelowna is large now as Bennett steered many projects in the direction of his home town.

I have a plot set in Kelowna to take advantage of the large evangelical population and affinity fraud, which has been and remains a problem for local evangelical churches.

Willow.