Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Canadian Noir

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 14 Apr 2007

Kerry wrote:

"There were always rumours that Da Vinci might be picked up and succeed stateside- I think it did have a brief run, no?"

It ran twice a day (late afternoon, repeating 1 or 2 AM) for a while on a cable network (A&E?). I managed to see them all (didn't go on to the spinoff after DaVinci becomes mayor). Good show. Far more overtly political than US crime shows, with the exception of The Wire -- a US show fueled more by critical than popular acclaim.

Mark