RARA-AVIS: Westlake

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 13 Apr 2007

I was looking over the schedule for the upcoming DC Filmfest. It seems that Costa-Gavras has made a film of Westlake's The Ax.

Also, there's a 10 minute interview of Westlake on the new DVD of Payback. He talks about where the Stark name came from and a little bit about The Hunter, Breakout and Nobody Runs Forever, along with some of the early film adaptations of Parker (of which he thinks The Outfit is truest to his conception -- will that ever come out on DVD?).

I haven't yet watched the new, director's cut of Payback. Can't be worse than its original release, a classic case of a "if he's smart enough to get out of the predicaments, he wouldn't be so stupid as to get into them in the first place" movie.

Mark