Re: RARA-AVIS: The Captain Must Die

From: ejgorman99@aol.com
Date: 10 Apr 2007

In a message dated 4/10/07 2:21:50 PM, miker_zspider@yahoo.com writes:

> One of them was
> Colby's The Captain Must Die. I think this article is
> also in The Big Book of Noir, or some other collection
> I have.
>
> Inspired by your article, I'm very carefully (don't
> want it to fall apart) reading it. In spite of what
> seems like a sorta corny title, I'm loving it. I'm
> heading to some of your other recommendations right
> after this one.
>
> miker
    Bob Colby was a very uneven writer but when he was on he was excellent. He was also a hell of a nice guy. Captain is his best book. Several GM regulars tried similar novels but Colby's was the best I think because he made the war so vivid as the motive for the vengeance. This ws another book that came close to being filmed twice.