Re: RARA-AVIS: Bombay

From: Michael Robison (
Date: 10 Apr 2007

Willow wrote:

As to Bombay, a further very long detective story is out by Vikram Chardra. As thick as a summer blockpuster or War & Peace, this really does take you to Bombay, but is a heavy plod with many Indian words which fail to get noticed even on a computer dictionary.

************* Thank you for the comments on faraway hardboiled.

Here recently I read several sections of a book titled Shantaram, and it seemed fairly hardboiled and interesting. It came out maybe 8 months ago. I can't remember the author and I'm not positive about the spelling of the title. It is mostly set in the criminal underworld of Bombay.

____________________________________________________________________________________ Never miss an email again! Yahoo! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives.