Re: RARA-AVIS: Butterfly

From: Jeff Vorzimmer ( jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 06 Apr 2007

> I have vague memories of her being a hot media item
> for a while. If you aren't planning on reading
> Butterfly, I don't see you missing anything
> significant. I had a gut feeling after I read The
> Postman Always Ringz Twice that I should stop there.
> But no, I just had to push my luck.

When I was buying a copy of Mildred Pierce, the clerk in the bookstore proffered the unsolicited opinion that the the only books of Cain's wrote worth were Postman, Double Indemnity and MP, but I pushed on to read the black lizard three in volume that includes Butterfly and thought they weren't bad. There are a few others I intend to read, such as the paperback originals he wrote in the 50s.

Jeff