Re: RARA-AVIS: Downloadable Audio Noir

From: Sandra Ruttan ( sandra.ruttan@spinetinglermag.com)
Date: 05 Apr 2007

Hi Steve,

There are four stories you can download from BMW (the links are still up and appear to be working, anyway) for free.

Don Winslow: Beautiful Ride http://www.bmw-audiobooks.com/book.aspx?id=4 Summary Back then he was looking at a fat IPO and a boat. Back then he was rich. Back then he had a condo overlooking the ocean, a wife, and had just bought the BMW Z4 convertible. Cobalt blue, like the ocean on a clean, clear day in early spring. Now what he has left is the car. Ted's a real estate investor in Laguna Beach, California. He's been kicked out by his soon-to-be ex wife, his assets have been frozen by the IRS, he's holding on to his Beemer, but the car company's repo men want it back, and he's living in a tent. He's falling through the cracks of the 'Gold Coast' life, until he turns to money-laundering to get back in the game. Then things get worse...

James Flint: Master of the Storm http://www.bmw-audiobooks.com/book.aspx?id=5 Summary This is the story of a man who finds himself arriving at exactly the same service station over and over again. He leaves, he drives away, but every time he tries to exit the motorway he discovers that he¹s back in the same Happy Break. Who is he? Where has he come from? What is he running from? What exactly damaged the wing in his car while he was tuning the radio? And who is the hitchhiker he stops to pick up?

Simon Kernick: The Debt http://www.bmw-audiobooks.com/book.aspx?id=7 Summary Boxer, Billy, needs to pay off his errant cousin¹s vast gambling debts to local loan shark, Jim ŒThe Crim¹ Sneddon. However, he¹s short and is forced at gunpoint to use his pride and joy, a brand new BMW 7 Series to make up the total. He is determined to get it back. But, to do so he has to fight his way past Jim¹The Crim¹s¹ goons, an errant MP and a Slovakian hostess.

Karin Slaughter: Cold Cold Heart http://www.bmw-audiobooks.com/book.aspx?id=6 Summary PARENTAL WARNING: Some content in this story is unsuitable for young children. For twenty years, Pam did her duty as loyal, compliant wife. She and John shared their friends, their careers, and a son - for richer for poorer, for better for worse. Until the day tragedy struck their family and John betrayed his wife in the most public of ways, walking away to a lucrative new life. For three years John becomes richer while Pam becomes poorer; John's life becomes increasingly better while Pam's becomes worse. But then a reversal of fortune brings them back together, and Pam gets the chance for a revenge John could never have dreamt of ...

Cheers, Sandra